EASA Part 21 Design Engineering
University of Limerick (In association with Atlantic Aviation Group)
About the Course
|NFQ Level||Delivery Mode||Duration|
|9 (6 ECTS Credits)||Part-Time||4 Days|
This part time course presents the key functions performed within Part 21 design organizations. The course will focus on the essential processes for managing design changes in an EASA environment, particularly type certificate changes for large aeroplanes. Suited for professionals in Part 21 design organizations seeking to gain more knowledge and aviation professionals requiring knowledge in this area. The course is also, suited for new engineering graduates hoping to enter this sector.
20% Funding is available for this course. Contact Training@atlanticaviation.ie for more information.
- Engineering Degree
- Professionals who need to understand Part 21 Design
Structure/Content of the Course
- Regulatory requirements of EASA Part 21 for design organisation approvals. Responsibilities of design engineers and airworthiness personnel in relation to regulations.
- Certification specifications of large aircraft.
- Demonstration of compliance in Part 21 organisation.
- Overview of EASA airworthiness framework, particularly CS-25 relating to large aircraft.
On successful completion of this course, participants will have a greater understanding of initial airworthiness in part 21 design organizations, particularly the design and modification of large aircraft . This will prepare them for positions as a design engineer and will also allow more experienced participants to develop professionally.