Bachelor of Engineering Tech in Aviation Technology
Technological University Dublin
About the Course
|CAO CODE||MINIMUM POINTS||NFQ Level||Delivery Mode||Duration|
|TU721||243||7||Full Time||3 Years|
This programme will prepare you for a career in the aviation industry. You’ll learn about the principles of flight, the information systems integral to aviation/aircraft operations, and the complex inter-relationships in the various sub-sectors of the industry (legislative design, manufacturing, commercial, operations and maintenance).
Students learn to develop the following skills:
- Develop individual skills by enhancing the conceptual and analytical abilities of the graduate for application within the context of the civil aviation industry framework.
- Develop an understanding of the importance of Training and Education within the Aviation Industry by fostering an ethos within the graduate to be self-motivating and pursue personal development and lifelong learning skills.
- Develop an intricate technical knowledge and understanding of the Principles of Flight.
- Develop personal and interpersonal skills to enable managing oneself, and others within the industry.
- Develop competence in information systems integral to aviation/aircraft operations, management and maintenance.
- Provide the graduate with an understanding of the complex inter-relationships existing within the various sub-sectors of the Aviation Industry (Legislative design, Manufacturing, Commercial, Operations and Maintenance)
|Mathematics||O6 or higher /H7 or higher|
|English OR Irish||O6 or higher /H7 or higher|
Structure/Content of the Course
Subjects include maths for technology, electricity & electronics, aerodynamics, aircraft engines, aeronautical workshop practice, engineering mechanics, avionics, aviation legislation, financial management & accounting, commercial maintenance management, spares & logistics, and airline operations.
Graduates find employment in a range of areas including:
- Maintenance Planner
- Airline Operations
- Quality Assurance and Control Operative
- Fleet Manager
- Technical Administrator
- Spares Trading and Provisioning
- Maintenance Repair Operative
- Overhaul Operations Operative