Aircraft Records Technician (Special Purpose Award, Level 7)
Limerick Institute of Technology in collaboration with CAE Parc Aviation
About the Course
|CAO CODE||MINIMUM POINTS||NFQ Level||Delivery Mode||Duration|
The purpose of this course is to provide a detailed knowledge of the aircraft technical documentation required during an aircraft lease transition process. This course will explain how to plan and accomplish the Lease Transition checklist ensuring no documentation gaps the aircrafts history. It will also explain how to evaluate, report and give feedback during the process, working with the Lessor and Lessee to manage expectations and achieve a successful redelivery of all required documentation.
The course is developed by CAE Parc Aviation, is validated by the Department of Mechanical and Automobile Engineering at Limerick Institute of Technology as a Level 7 Special Purpose Award with 10 ECTS. The course is facilitated by Atlantic Air Adventure Aviation Centre in Shannon.
The duration of the course is 10 weeks. It will be run on Thursday evenings from 6.00pm to 9.00pm at Atlantic AirVenture Aviation Centre in Shannon Town, Co Clare.
The course fee is €1,500 and funding is available under the Aviation Skillnet scheme.
- Level 6 qualification in aircraft maintenance,
- Aviation qualification at Level 6 or above with extensive experience in the aircraft maintenance industry.
Structure/Content of the Course
Topics covered on the course include:
- Introduction to Leasing
- Aircraft Lease Contracts
- Lease Transition Checklists
- Maintenance Programs Planning
- Continued Airworthiness Management Organisation (CAMO)
- Landing Gear and Engines.
- Structural Repair Data Analysis
- Aircraft Records Redelivery Event Open Items Lists
- Records Consultant Role
- Industry Developments and Trends
This Level 7 Special Purpose Award programme is aimed at aircraft maintenance personnel and offers them a career path into the Aircraft Leasing Industry as Aircraft Records Technicians.